We are searching for a highly motivated, organized, and experienced HR Generalist who will be responsible for direct support in various functional areas of human resources, including recruitment and payroll. This job has no supervisory responsibilities but requires an individual who can work independently and be a leader to others. A positive attitude, effective communication, and attention to detail are must-have attributes for this role. You will support approximately 30 employees in the areas of Sales, Account Management, Marketing, and Call Center in Canada and the U.S. working through a PEO service provider. The position reports to the HR Director.
This role is full-time and fully remote anywhere on the East Coast of Canada.
Siren Group is a digital marketing company based in Switzerland with remote staff across the world. We specialize in generating consistent new business opportunities for medium- to large-size companies, including Fortune 1000s. Our latest venture is HomeBuddy.com, an online home improvement marketplace in the U.S. HomeBuddy offers a great opportunity to work on an interesting, challenging, and constantly evolving project.
Being already a very successful firm with stable double-digit annual revenue increases, we are aiming for even more explosive growth! Our company’s success is delivered by a smart, self-starting, and entrepreneurial team which we are actively growing.
We offer a remote and flexible work environment, competitive compensation, attractive benefits, and the opportunity to work on a professional team and grow in your career.
To be a successful one of the Sirens, you need to be passionate about being a part of a very dynamic, challenging, and fast-growing business. This position isn’t for you if you’re seeking a routine office job.
What You will do:
- Support the full hiring process of employees in Canada and the US, including recruitment, interviews, and tracking of candidates in ATS; prepare offer letters and pre-employment paperwork, conduct background checks, etc.
- Coordinate onboarding/offboarding processes, and ensure all onboarding/exiting tasks are complete within the appropriate systems.
- Coordinate work with outstaffing providers and provide primary assistance for hourly part-time contractors.
- Support processing of employees' paperwork; maintain confidential, electronic HR records for the employees.
- Prepare and review a semi-monthly payroll process through the PEO service provider for hourly and salaried employees. Ensuring accuracy of payroll details for processing.
- Coordinate work with the POE service provider. Respond to unemployment claims, workers' compensation claims, and employment verifications.
- Maintains strong knowledge of legislation about employment, compensation and benefits, and other related human resources functions.
- Support the benefits administration process by maintaining working knowledge of the company's benefit plans to foster a more positive employee experience.
- Administrate health plan, including enrollments, changes, and terminations, and audit as needed.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating training & development initiatives.
- Support with arranging team events.
- Collaborate in a team-based environment providing excellent, friendly, and responsive customer service to employees and managers on various HR-related topics; resolve any issues that may arise.
- Understand the issues and worries of our employees in Canada and the U.S., and work on continuously improving employee satisfaction and strengthening the Siren culture.
- Perform other related duties and projects as required and assigned.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of HR Generalist level experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in recruitment and interviewing candidates.
- Experience with running payroll and conducting payroll-related audits.
- Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with an HRIS;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels, both verbally and in writing;
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Ability to exhibit a high degree of confidentiality and proper judgment under pressure and in sensitive situations.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Independent judgment to plan and prioritize workload.
- Fantastic organizational skills with expert attention to detail.
- A positive attitude and a high level of commitment to the execution of job duties.
What We Offer:
We have different perks and benefits, but we also can offer you a supportive work environment powered by a fantastic team!
- Competitive compensation according to your skills, experience, and professional accomplishments, including a company bonus;
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays;
- 100% remote work, allowing working and traveling;
- Flexible work hours, when it is convenient to plan your working and personal time;
- Work in one of the most dynamic and fastest-growing industries;
- Ambitious and challenging tasks with a high degree of responsibility and independence;
- Multicultural environment;
- Supportive, friendly, and professional team, which you can always rely on;
- An allowance program for compensation of expenses for wellness activities and the purchase of technical equipment;
- Paid training (school, events, conferences).
- EAP and other perks…
If this sounds like you, we should talk!